Terms & Conditions
The reservation deposit is 35% of the rental rate, and the balance payable no later than 2 months prior to the start of the rental.
Non-payment of balance beyond the due/latest date will result in your reservation being cancelled and booking offered to our standby list. The deposit being non-refundable or transferable between properties.
Payment of the reservation deposit is by Bank transfer, Visa/Mastercard debit card, Visa/Mastercard credit card and American Express. Payment of the balance is by Bank transfer only to our Red Ridge account 30-91-91/24317460.
Additional guests can be added, for an extra charge per person.This can be done either at the time of reservation using the booking calendars or later by email/phone. Once added to your reservation, these charges are non-refundable should your guest numbers change.
If in doubt, we recommend you make a standard occupancy reservation, and add extra guests nearer to your arrival NB a minimum 7 days prior notice required.
Security Deposit Hold
A £750 security deposit card hold (not payment) is placed against a pre-authorised card a day prior to arrival, and released a day after departure, subject to inspection.
Pets, including pets of your guests, are welcome on the estate only when agreed in writing/email at the point of reservation, with a surcharge of £50 each per stay.
1) RESERVATION POLICY: Before I can accept your reservation, the party leader must read these terms and conditions. Unless the party leader advises to the contrary in writing, it will be deemed that the party leader agrees to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of all members of their party and their guests and binds them jointly and severally to them.
2) CANCELLATION POLICY: The time factor is critical in holiday rentals, and your reservation deposit will hold this rental off the market for a period of time. If you cancel for any reason after I have emailed your Reservation Confirmation, your deposit will not be refunded. If you cancel after the balance has been paid between 9 and 5 weeks prior to start of the holiday rental, 50% of the balance will be refunded. If you cancel between 5 weeks and 2 weeks prior to the start of the holiday rental, 25% of the balance will be refunded. If you cancel less than 2 weeks prior to start of the holiday rental there will be no refund.
3) PAYMENT OF BALANCE: Payment of your balance is due no later than 2 months prior to the start of your rental. Non-payment beyond the due/latest date will result in your reservation being cancelled and booking offered to our standby list. The deposit, as stated above, being non-refundable or transferable.
4) PROPERTY CONDITION/SECURITY DEPOSITS: When you arrive, please check the holiday rental for cleanliness and damage. Notify me promptly of any problems or damage. You agree to leave the holiday rental in arrival condition with no physical damage and with holiday rental, gardens and grounds neat and tidy, dishes washed and put away, spills wiped up, barbeque cleaned and rubbish removed to the outside bins provided. Late departure, rubbish left in kitchen, rubbish left on road side, excessive utility charges, loss of the holiday rental key or holiday rental, gardens and grounds needing more-than-reasonable cleaning are all grounds for security deposit claims. If there is no problem, the security deposit credit/debit card hold will be released within 14 days after the date of your departure. If I am going to make a claim on your security deposit, I will email you describing the details within 14 days. Additional Cleaning Charge: £50 per hour. Late Departure Charge: £50 per hour.
5) THE OWNER SETS SPECIFIC RULES regarding the maximum number of occupants, pets, smoking, etc. As the holiday rental owner, I or my agent enforce these rules, and may evict rentors or their guests when they are exceeded. Only the number of guests agreed when the reservation is made may stay at the holiday rental. No other persons may visit the holiday rental unless agreed in writing when the reservation is made. Large gatherings, house parties, etc., are absolutely not allowed unless agreed in writing when the reservation is made. Absolutely NO SMOKING is allowed inside the holiday rental. Sub-letting is not permitted. Any disturbance resulting in neighbourhood complaints, police action, other illegal activities, illegal drug use, damage to the holiday rental, or violation of this agreement will be considered sufficient cause for immediate termination of your stay, and all monies paid will be forfeited. This agreement does not create a tenancy for the holiday rental; you can be removed from the holiday rental without process of law if you do not depart by the agreed time.
6) THE OWNER AND AGENT ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for the safety of rentors, their families or their guests or for the loss or theft of or damage to their belongings whilst at the holiday rental. Due to deep water, steep gradients and high walls in parts of the gardens and grounds, rentors, their families and their guests agree to fully supervise their children at all times. Rentors and their guests agree that there is no lifeguard for the spa and that supervision is entirely their responsibility.
7) YOU AGREE TO NOTIFY THE OWNER OR AGENT IMMEDIATELY if a problem of any kind develops at the holiday rental. If you fail to do this, no responsibility can be accepted as the Owner and Agent have been deprived of an opportunity to investigate and rectify the problem. The Owner and Agent reserve the right to make repairs as necessary, and to enter the holiday rental with reasonable notice, or without notice if you cannot be reached, to quickly remedy any problem.
8) QUIET ENJOYMENT: Rentors, their family and their guests agree not to violate the quiet enjoyment of the surrounding neighbours and to respect their privacy and property.
9) FIREWORKS: The use of Fireworks, Chinese Lanterns and the lighting of Bonfires are all strictly prohibited.
10) KEYS: The keys to the holiday rental will be available to you at the holiday rental after 4pm on the day of your arrival. They must be posted back through the letter box after locking up on your departure.
11) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICE. This holiday rental is individually owned and managed. I have described the holiday rental in detail to the best of my ability, but I cannot make the decision for you and will not be responsible if you are not happy with your choice on arrival. The rental payment will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to another location.
12) THE HOT-TUBS: Are available all year, except during adverse weather, during and a few hours after local area power cuts, or between 2:30am – 8:00am. They are set at the manufacturer’s maximum safety operating temperature of 38°C and to ensure that temperature is reached and maintained, please replace the cover after every use. The hot tubs are cleaned and re-stocked with chemicals by trained technicians only prior to guests’ stay so cannot be refilled during guests’ stay. With careful use they are useable for 1 week but the water condition will rapidly deteriorate if they are overloaded and abused.
13) WEATHER CONDITIONS/ACTS OF GOD: The owner is not responsible for any weather condition or acts of God or nature that may happen and no refunds will be made. Further, the owner shall not forfeit the rental amount if you cannot get to, or stay in, the property due to any weather conditions or acts of God or nature. Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
14) VALUE ADDED TAX: VAT is charged at 20% under registration number 765 2965 89.
15) ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE TIMES: Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the arrival time is to be no earlier than 4 pm and the departure time is to be no later 10 am.
17) SECURITY. When you make a reservation on our website, your credit/debit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption by Sage Pay. Your credit/debit card details are only decrypted after they reach Sage Pay’s systems, where they are then automatically processed and your card charged. They are not held in clear text on any web site so it is not possible for your details to be stolen during a transaction. We never receive your complete credit/debit card details or keep such information anywhere in our systems unless you decide to pay us over the phone. In this instance, your credit/debit card details will be shredded immediately after use.
18) ONLINE RESERVATIONS. When you make a reservation on-line you will be helped through the process by simple instructions on the Site. You may review your reservation and confirm or correct it prior to finally placing the reservation. You make your reservation request by clicking on the Submit button at the end of the on-line reservation process. After you have made your on-line reservation, we will send you an email acknowledgement confirming the reservation and the amount which has been debited to your credit/debit card.